This week we have a great vegan, gluten-free soup recipe from our own Mara Schwartz!
1 package extra firm tofu (drained)
1 cup chopped onion
1 Large cauliflower (about 28 oz)
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsps curry powder
3 Cups vegetable stock
1 Cup so delicious coconut milk
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1. Drain tofu and cut into 1 inch cubes and continue to let drain. Chop onion and 1 large cauliflower.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan. Saute onion and cauliflower covered for 5 minutes.
3. Add the curry to the pan and heat for another couple of minutes.
4. Transfer onion and cauliflower to a stock pot.
5. Add vegetable stock and cook until cauliflower is soft.
6. Remove from heat, let cool a little, and blend with an immersion blender.
7. Return to heat and add coconut milk, chopped cilantro, tofu and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for another 15 minutes.
Variation: Try adding ½ cup cooked quinoa to the soup; Yummy. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1.5-2 cups
Calories from Fat 86
. % Daily Values*
Total Fat 9.53g 15%
Saturated Fat 2.15g 11%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.551g
Monounsaturated Fat 2.389g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 573mg 24%
Total Carbohydrate 13.57g 5%
Dietary Fiber 4.6g 18%
Vitamin A 8%
Vitamin C 96%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Nutrition Values are based on USDA Nutrient Database SR18