Beginning is often the hardest part of any new exercise regimen. TeamWILD’s mental skills coach, Ginger Vieira, offers her tips for getting started.
1. Start small! You don’t have to exercise 6 days a week to get the benefits. Just pick 1-2 days a week and commit to them!
2. Exercise with a friend! You’re a lot less likely to cancel your workout if your friend is waiting there for you! Get motivated together.
3. Try a new group fitness class that you’ve never tried before. You’ve probably always said, “I really want to try this class or that class.” DO IT! Try something new.
4. Plan ahead. Make the days you choose to exercise part of your real schedule. Don’t let other things push your workout out of the way.
5. Make yourself a PRIORITY! Everyone is very busy, and whether it’s your kids or your work or your loved one who needs your time too….YOU need to make time for yourself.